Real Estate Law
Promoters of Growth and Sustainability.
In any legal transaction, there can be issues that fall into the realm of real estate. From divorce and estate planning to municipal development and small business, real property is central to wealth and growth.
Melchert Hubert Sjodin has not only represented the real estate interests of a growing metropolitan area in economic development and city planning, we've also served individuals and businesses in the strategic decisions that promote growth and a sustainable lifestyle.
With our affiliated title company, Title Mark, MHS examines more titles than any law firm in the state. Title Mark provides both residential and commercial closing services along with abstracting services, owners and encumbrance reports, and home equity searches. Among a handful of firms in Minnesota that represent municipalities in complex land use deals, we are experienced in the high stakes of public as well as private development.
Within our law firm we also represent clients in construction lending, 1031 exchanges, eminent domain/condemnation issues, mechanics liens, and residential and commercial sales and development. We understand zoning and municipal structures to assist with a business relocation as well as residential development on area lakes.
Our real estate attorneys are on hand to advise lenders with a simple transactional question or to represent private investors in the structuring of a real estate deal. Building these relationships at all levels is at the heart of our growing real estate practice.
Our areas of specialty in real estate law include:
- Real estate contracts, purchase agreements and option agreements – as well as the ability to advise as simply or strategically as you need on the fundamentals of finance, deeds and mortgages.
- Boundary disputes and boundary line issues, along with easements, property splits and subdivision of land.
- Mortgage foreclosures and related matters such as proceedings subsequent.
- Quiet title disputes and related title issues that may include Torrens title registration, easements and surveying errors.
- Setting up and monitoring leasing transactions whether they're office leases, ground leases, retail or medical leases.
- The creation of common interest communities such as condominiums and townhomes, plus setting up and working with Homeowners' Associations.
Whether your project is small or large, simple or complex, we'd like to hear about it.
What Clients Say
We are a 100-year-old highway heavy construction company. I grew up in the firm and my forefathers have used Melchert Hubert Sjodin for as long as I can remember. I'm of the thinking that if it isn't broken, don't change anything. We've continued to have a good experience and have never shopped fees; the relationship has been much more important.
– Richard W., client since the 1950s
Melchert Hubert Sjodin
Main Street Exchange Building
121 Main Street West, Suite 200
Waconia, Minnesota 55387
Phone: (952) 442-7707
Melchert Hubert and Sjodin are proud to serve the following Minnesota communities in the area of Real Estate Law: